Your food source for 2021/22
This is an exciting way of producing and distributing food that connects you with the local people who grow it. You’re not just buying our veg. You’re choosing to co-create a food community.
As part of the CSA* membership you will:
- Support local small scale farming with the shortest supply chain
- Support our food justice mission – together we will make a more just and equitable food system
- Enjoy fresh, nutrient-dense Cornish veg
- Support the farm through your commitment – cash flow is important
- Enjoy food free from harmful sprays and aquaponics
- Get to know your farmer
- Reduce food waste
- Receive food in plastic-free packaging where possible (we use degradable plastic in some cases as it keeps salad fresher)
- Choose from two options: pay for the full season in advance or in instalments
You can visit our FAQs to see if we answer any questions you might have there.
Support our social justice mission
The season starts in May 2021 and ends mid-February 2022. We take a week off at the beginning of September to get ready for winter and we take a week off over Christmas.
We’re operating on a sliding payment scale. Those who join the “upper” and “higher” income brackets will help us fund shares for people experiencing food poverty in Cornwall.
In a typical box, you can look forward to
A visually appealing, nutrient-dense Winter salad bag, with a bit of spice and remarkable flavours
We love super-healthy, zingy microgreens e.g. Pea Shoots, Radish or Sunflower shoots
Bunched root vegetables e.g carrots or beets are firm favourites
We always try and include a cooking green e.g spinach, baby kale or chard
We are increasing our greenhouse space for those cucumbers and tomatoes
We’re also looking at increasing our diversity to include some more seasonal stuff, expect some fennel, green sprouting broccoli, green beans, cabbage, snap peas and more
The Full Share has about 8-9 items
and generally feeds 2-4 people
The Half Share contains 5-6 items
and generally feeds 1-2 people
The Salad Share contains a bag of salad and two herbs
Enough salad for 2 people for one week
Our sliding scale payment system
Our sliding scale pricing means there is an affordable box for everyone. And through that you choose to support our food justice mission – together we will work towards a more just and equitable food system.
Please consider carefully which payment level best aligns with your income and background. A fairer food system is possible if we all work towards it, using our available resources as a guide.
- Lower Income: £4/box
- Middle Income: £5/box
- Upper Income: £8/box
- Highest Income: £12/box
- Lower Income: £8/box
- Middle Income: £10/box
- Upper Income: £16/box
- Highest Income: £25/box
- Lower Income: £12/box
- Middle Income: £15/box
- Upper Income: £21/box
- Highest Income: £30/box
It’s still early, so pick up locations might flex and change. You can switch locations before the start of the season. Exact pick-up times will be confirmed by Spring.
- Soul Farm are involved in a new project. We The Food Barn Tregew CIC in Flushing – a Saturday covered market with some other local suppliers. You can pick up your box and buy more. Get your coffee and meet friends.
- If you vulnerable or shielding or have transport issues you can choose delivery for £5 a week but we will need to check that you are on our route
Pickup spots include:
- Flushing Food Barn
We ask that you pick up your share if you are able. This gives us more capacity to deliver to vulnerable and low income households who don’t have transport.
Reserve a place (limited places available)
A Community Supported Agriculture scheme asks for commitment to the full season. We can’t operate week by week so we need your help.
We know life gets in way so you can give us a month’s notice if you need to stop. And if you pay upfront you get 5% off. See our T&C’s here.